Space Force picks ULA, SpaceX for five-year launch deal

By Courtney Albon / August 7, 2020 at 7:31 PM
The Space Force has selected United Launch Alliance and SpaceX to receive contracts under its Launch Services Procurement program, with ULA receiving 60% of the manifest and SpaceX the remaining 40%. The awards, which bring to an end a years-long effort to end reliance on the Russian-made RD-180 engine -- were made under Phase 2 of the service's LSP effort, which includes National Security Space Launch orders from fiscal years 2020 through 2024. Under the indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity deal -- which...

Not a subscriber? Sign up for 30 days free access to exclusive, behind-the-scenes reporting on defense policy and procurement.

Log in to access this content.