Inside the Pentagon - August 10, 2017

Kendall says new acquisition structure is doomed to fail

August 09, 2017 |
Tony Bertuca
Bookmark and Share
Frank Kendall, the Defense Department's former acquisition chief, expects the new effort to reorganize the Pentagon's acquisition structure, released last week, to end badly. "I was pretty clear about this before I left government; my views have not changed," Kendall, who now works as an executive-in-residence at Renaissance Strategic Advisors, told Inside Defense in an email. "It flies in the face of the well documented progress we made over the last several years -- both pursuing innovation and bringing cost...

Not a subscriber? Sign up for 30 days free access to exclusive, behind-the-scenes reporting as the Trump administration puts its stamp on defense policy, planning and procurement.

Log in to access this content.