* Properly fund the growth of the military. Will require nearly $11 billion increase above FY-09 level.
* Increase medical research, health care and child care -- but move away from funding these areas through supplemental appropriations. An increase of $13 billion in base budget over last year.
* Needs an "institutional home" for the warfighter. FY-10 budget to be used to increase intelligence, surveilliance and recon spending by $2 billion: 50 Predator and Reaper unmanned systems now permanently funded in base budget.
* Increase manned ISR activities, including turbo-props used as part of Task Force ODIN. Research into new platforms.
* $500 million over last year in base budget to sustain and bolster helicopters. Shortages of maintenance crews and pilots noted; training and recruiting needed.
* Increase global partnership activities by $500 million
* Grow special ops personnel by more than 2,800, and buy more special forces-optimized lift and refueling aicraft.
* Increase LCS buys from two to three ships in FY-10; goal is to buy 55 total.
* Four Joint High-Speed Vessels, up from two.
* Stop Army BCTs at 48. Lower the risk of hollowing the force.